Sunday 7 October 2012

Stang and Headstone

Right now I just want to be at my new house. It's 111 miles from my present apt. The rent is already paid. I could be sleeping there. But first we have to move out.  We hit a snafu yesterday because we found out we couldn't get the moving van until Monday. (Stupid sabbath that still determines business hours). You'd think a company that helps people move would be open on weekends so people can move.

I can't wait to be able to see the stars in the desert. Maybe I can even get a telescope. The harvest moon was spectacular. I got to see it rise a few nights ago. Luna is going to be even more spectacular in the desert.

My new yard has a stang in it.  I can't wait to clean up around it and cross some arrows over it.  Arrows we have in plenty. But there is a lot of farm junk including barbed wire around it, so clearing out around it is going to be a challenge. One day at a time, right? If you have no idea what a stang is there is a great article on it here. http://witchofforestgrove.com/2011/02/27/how-to-use-a-stang/


We also found a headstone in the backyard, still attached to a frame. I looked the name up and the man is buried in the Lucerne Memorial Park, so I have no idea why his headstone is here. I'm also not sure what to do with it. We are only renting, so I guess I'll have to ask the landlady if it means anything to her. I thought maybe there was a typo on it, but it all matches up with the memorial park roster. She didn't even know how old the house was, and surely she knows it's in the yard since she lives next door. It seems if she wanted it, she would have taken it to her house long ago. Perhaps I can get a ride to the memorial park and see if his grave has a marker. Curiouser and curiouser.


No comments:

Post a Comment